REAP are seeking a hard-working colleague to deliver energy advice via home visits, phone and face to face appointments, helping clients who are referred to our service tackle their energy bills and take control of their finances.
The successful candidate will provide clients with current information on the help available to them, and be offered access to support to maintain a safe and warm home. They will support people in fuel poverty with critical primary needs, energy and food poverty and debt support. Vulnerable clients will be supported to join the Priority Services Register where eligible. They will promote an awareness of the risks of Carbon Monoxide and how to mitigate these. To achieve the above objectives, the successful candidate will offer:
1. Personalised energy advice via drop in sessions and appointments in person, and over the phone
2. Hold 5 workshop/talks/group sessions across Moray
3. Signpost eligible clients to partners for energy efficiency measures and energy schemes (e.g. Warm Home Discount)
4. Support vulnerable clients to go on the Priority Services Register
5. Work with our local partners, The Citizens Advice Bureau to signpost clients for benefits eligibility checks and debt advice, Moray Council Debt Money Advice Service, to signpost clients with money worries, The Moray Firth Credit Union, to signpost clients that would benefit from financial services, Moray Food Plus, to signpost clients in need of food, Fuel Bank Foundation, to process fuel vouchers.
6. Issue energy crisis support such as fuel voucher or emergency cash grant and other crisis support for example food parcel.
7. Promote the awareness of carbon monoxide safety through social media, leaflet and drop-in session advice.
Applicants are required to have their City and Guilds Energy Awareness Certificate, or to agree to undertake this week-long training within 1 month of starting the post, training cost will be paid for by REAP.
Contract: fixed term contract until 30th November 2023 (may be continued subject to funding)
Salary: £23,800 pro rata
Hours: 21hrs/per week
Location: Hybrid (Office and remote working)
Applications close: 5pm Saturday 27th May 2023
Interviews: take place week beginning 31st May 2023
Expected start date: June 2023
Please email email@example.com to request application pack
This post is funded by The Scottish Gas Network
REAP is a Scottish Charity, number SC037988 and a Company Limited by Guarantee (316989)
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 21 per week
Salary: Up to £23,800.00 per year pro rata
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Keith